When reflecting upon my teaching experience I know that I have made an effort to incorporate some of the guidelines from the Universal Design for Learning into my practice. That being said I do feel as though it has often been an afterthought. I would like to get to place in my teaching where the Universal Design for Learning is embeded in the development of all of my lessons. I am seeing progress in the development of new curricula that does embed the Universal Design for Learning however it is an idea that needs to be adopted by all teachers in order for it to be successful across the board. This is also the case in order to have successful implementation of Assistive Technology.
I do not think that universal design for learning can be achieved without assistive technology. As we have seen in many of the other articles we have read, assistive technology is becoming more and more mainstream. The UDL article comments that assistive technology makes universal design more effective therefore proving it's value yet once again.

No comments:
Post a Comment