Wednesday, 9 July 2014

My Adjustable Seat

Upon reflecting on my classroom adjustable seat, it took me a few minutes to figure out exactly where to find it. From the video The Average Myth, I did gain an understanding of what it means to be a 'jagged'  (in a good way:)and how average just doesn't exist. With this in mind I made a list of what I think makes my classroom adjustable seat:

-Multiple representations of work
-Group work and individual work
-Journaling (blogging, video, pictorial, vocal)
-Self-assessment and peer assessment
-Resource and Early Literacy Support
-A versatile physical classroom environment
-Lots of visual representations
-Timed and untimed tasks
-Technology- computers, iPads, LCD projectors, voice recorders

I look forward to reading what other people think make up their adjustable seat so that I can improve on my own. 

Please leave a comment if you have any suggestions of ways I can expand my adjustable seat.




1 comment:

  1. Excellent Ainslie! You have a wide assortment of adjustable seat strategies already! I'm sure with different students in your classes there will be even more (from students who are blind to students with CP, ASD, ADHD etc) Great work

    ReplyDelete