PicCollage activity: I had never used Pic Collage before and my first time was awesome! It was fun to use collaboratively with a partner and explore this app. We had fun learning how to use, it was easy, and we were excited to share our final product with the class. All of these reasons make this app something I would use with my students next year in grade 6. In fact, I plan on doing the same activity with my students as we did today and class. Even though I only have one ipad for my class, I could send it around one student at a time and have them create a PicCollage throughout the day.
Question: without airdrop, can I just have my students email me their PicCollage?
Prizmo & translator app:
As I teach french immersion, I can see how this might be of use with students struggling with the French language. It would also be useful for English speaking parents looking to help their children with their french homework.
Pollev.com- amazing! Love this website. I am excited to use this next year. It would be a great check it device or I could use it in math class for students to anonymously submit answers etc.
Our eBook assignment is proving itself to be a great learning activity. My partner and I (Ashley) spent the remaining time in class exploring apps and learning how to use them. I can see the value of giving students a task of creating an eBook and challenging them to use a certain number of apps. I definitely learn best from hands-on-work and know that this is often the case for some students as well. I am also seeing how easy these apps are to use and learn.
Our first class was awesome and I look forward to learning about the other apps and programs we are going to explore.
So glad you enjoyed the first class Ainslie. I find teachers love to have fun while learning:)...just like your students!
ReplyDeleteI agree with you Ainslie!! The amount that we laughed today was amazing. I remember saying out loud "wow! Class is almost over! It flew by". I had so much fun yesterday that I can only imagine how engaged our students would be during activities. Looking forward to learning new tech things with you as my learning partner!!
ReplyDelete