Wednesday, 9 July 2014

iBook presentations

Jonathan and Angela,
I liked how you layered the apps, we were tring to do that but ran out of time.

You made a good point about technologies always changing. Sometimes I wonder how much time I should spend on learning one technology when there is quite possibly a newer, better one around the corner.

Good job on the presumed competency video. We don't always have to use the fancy apps to delivery our ideas.

UDL- is not an after thought it is built into the design with allows the teacher to reach the needs of students they might not have been aware of.

Liz and Shauna
Video scribe- so cool! I want to learn how to use this app.
Great video on assistive technology.
I loved your imovie. You chose a great template.

Excellent job ladies. You gave me some great ideas of new apps to try out on my own and with my students.

Eleanor and Simon 
You two did a wonderful job of smashing many apps together!

I will definitely be rewatching the video you recommended by Stephen Hawking. Technology can be life changing for so many people as we have already seen in many videos and in the stories we have shared with each other.
Thank you for the recommendation of popplet. I too find inspiration difficult to use. I spend most of my in inspiration trying to figure out how to undo things I have done, and as a result I tend to do something I didn't want to happen!

Assitive technology for leisure and learning( I will look into this course, thanks for recommending it).

 Darah and Mark
Great choice of video into order to explain assitive technology. I used this same video on my blog. It is was great way to see assitive technology in action. The video you used actually has series showing many success stories. I posted a few on my blog:)

Video scribe- thanks for using this. I had no idea about the app and am excited to try it out. It could be a great resource in the classroom. I feel that apps like this can help build students confidence ( as the outcomes is quite impressive).

Apps I plan on trying out: Word Foto, video scribe, word poetry.

Kate and Greg
Thank for listing the app you used at the bottom of each page:)

Thank you for clarifing that disruptive technology is not just a new technology improving upon an old, but that it is a completely new technology that had ever been created before.

Great comparison to the recycling, compost, garbage system to presumed competency. Tools do not need to be complicated. They can as simple as signage.

Janet and Lindsay

Janet, thank you for sharing your experiences with the iPad pilot project. It is so positive to hear about school boards that are looking forward and try out new technologies on a large scale. Also, thank you for telling us about PDAF funding ( I can only assume that there will be an increase in applications for next year:)

Great job using kidspiration to explain UDL.

Ashley and Natalie
Explain everything app- this is a very useful app. Many of us struggle to input videoed into our iBooks.

Temple- I will be checking out this movie:)

Educreation- thank you for the little introduction to educreation. This would be a great tool for students to use to explain what they have learned and represent it in a non traditional way.


Megan and Candice
You did a great job of making your presentation inclusive ( assuring visual and audio on all pages).

Thank you for suggesting the download up. This would make a big difference in the quality of videos we use in our classrooms.

Colorsplash- will check it out

You two clearly worked hard to explore new apps and perfect them. You bravely explored imovie and and cutting films in order to shorten them. This is a great skill to have as often it can be a frustrating experience trying to edit film.

Christy
It's great to find an app with like and a re comfortable with.

Douglas Biklen

You presented some great information about presumed competency. It is interesting to see quotes from family members who are trying to adjust their own views in order to change their presumed competency of their children.

I think it is important  realize that UDL impacts everyone, not only the people we are trying to accommodate from the beginning as you demonstrated with you comments about wheelchair ramps, they not only assistance people in wheel chairs but also other people challenged with stairs.

Your presentation had great flow, great work!










No comments:

Post a Comment