Thursday, 17 July 2014
Thursday's class
Today's class was a great way to end our in-class time. To go back to the ipad minis and have a free for all with the apps in order to make an imovie trailer was a lot of fun. It was hands on, creative, and useful. This would be a great activity to do with students as way to convey information they have learned about a topic. I also think this would appeal to students with LDs because it would provide an additional way to convey a message.
The actual making of our imovie trailer was fun but also a little frustrated as we encountered problems sharing information between apps. However, as Barbara pointed out, these situations force us to be problem solvers and navigate around the issue.
The in depth explanation of how to use Clicker Sentences was very useful. I can see how this app could help a student achieve reasonable outcomes on their IPP.
This class has been a wonderful experience. I have learned some very useful hands on things I can do with ipads that I could do tomorrow in school with my kids (if it weren't summer). The readings opened my eyes to various LDs, and the extensive reading and writing process. Who knew they were that long!
Also, I now feel educated on UDL and AT and will aim to incorporate them into my classroom.
It was great to share experiences with classmates and to learn from an assistive tech guru.
Happy Summer Everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I concur! A great way to wrap up the class was to be able to go into iMovie and show what we have learned. The movies were entertaining and informative. I have learned a lot these past two weeks (even about curly hair) ;)
ReplyDeleteAngela